Monday, April 11, 2011

1st Trip to a Movie Theatre!

I know that a lot of people would look at that title, and think that I'm crazy for even THINKING about taking a two and a half year old to a movie theatre, but I thought we would give it a whirl. Last night I was googling Strawberry Shortcake to see if they had anything new and exciting in her neck of the woods, and I saw that the Strawberry Shortcake move "The Sky's the Limit" which just so happens to be one of Shelbi's absolute favorites was playing at the Flagship Theatre in Mechanicsburg. I thought it would be a neat idea since she likes Strawberry Shortcake so much, to see how she would do in a theatre setting. When I got her up, I asked her if she wanted to go to the movies, and of course she was all gung-ho. So, I got her dressed, and Scott, Shelbi and I headed on our way. She was in a great mood, and when she saw the movie poster for "her" movie, she was beside herself. I was able to capture a picture of her in front of the sign, and it is pretty darn cute if I say so myself. I was also pleasantly surprised when we went into the theatre. Shelbi was free to get in, and Scott and I were only two dollars a piece. You can't beat that. We did end up getting a soda, some popcorn, and some "ice lemons" which is what it sounds like Shelbi is saying when she asks for M&M's. LOL We were not really sure how she would react to the movie due to the fact that it is so large and rather loud, but she really liked it. We were also the only three people in the entire theatre! Shelbi sad in my lap for about the first half of the movie, and then she walked around a tiny bit and came back and sat with me and Scott. All in all, it was pretty neat, and I think that's a neat idea that the theatre does that. Apparently, every Sunday at 10:40 they show a children's movie. I do believe that they change it every month, as when I looked online Strawberry Shortcake is playing again next Sunday. Shelbi was not, however, happy to leave the movie. She didn't quite grasp the concept that it only played once and we were not in charge of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment